Funnel traps are useful tools for monitoring moths.
Material of construction:
They are made up of plastic components.
It has three components
- Funnel trap base
- 1) T shaped handle to hang up the trap.
- 2) Three Stalks for fixing canopy to the trap base
- Collection Device: Polythene bag
Helicoverpa(Heliothis)armigera(Cotton bollworm), Pectinophora gossypiella(Pink bollworm), Scirpophaga incertulas(Yellow Stem Borer), Spodoptrea litura(Cut worm).
Physical Dimensions of trap :
Funnel trap has three components
- 1) Canopy: 136mm Dia x 2mm thickness
- 2) Funnel trap base: 105mm (Dia of the mouth) x 70mm (Height of the funnel) x 30mm (Dia of the bottom hole) and T shaped handle to hang up the trap.
Three Stalks for fixing canopy to the trap base
- 3)Collection Device: Polythene bag of 175mm (Width) X 555 mm (Height)
Host Crops :
Bengal gram, Cabbage, Chilli, Chrysanthemum, Cotton, Cow pea, Green gram, Groundnut, Maize, Okra, Red gram, Rice,Sorghum, Soybean, Sunflower, Tomato, Cotton, Pigeon pea, Chickpea, Sorghum, Peas, Tobacco, Potatoes & Maize.
- It is cheaper , simpler, easy to use and maintain.
- Specially designed trap for all Moths (Lepidoptera).
- Helps to monitor & detect whether pest are present in the field.
- Helps in reducing the damage to the crop.
- Does not harm beneficial insects.
- Easy to monitor the trapped pests.
- Can be installed easily.
- Wind and waterproof.